- 2 sleeves of regular Oreos
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos to a fine powder. Add cream cheese, peppermint extract, and salt and pulse until everything is fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Scoop a rounded spoonful of the mixture into your hand and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-save bowl, melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave in 20 second increments until melted.
- One at a time, place a truffle onto a large fork and carefully dip in the melted chocolate. Coat the truffles completely, shake off any excess chocolate, and transfer back to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies and place back in fridge until fully hardened, about 30 minutes.