- Rosemary Simple Syrup*
- Empress Gin
- grapefruit juice
- splash of club soda
*The Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6–8 rosemary sprigs
- In a medium pot, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil. When the sugar is fully dissolved, lower the heat and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the rosemary sprigs. Let steep for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. The longer you let the rosemary steep, the more flavorful the syrup will be.
- Once the syrup has cooled completely, add two to three ice cubes to a cocktail glass.
- Pour 1 ounce of rosemary simple syrup, 3 ounces of gin, and 4 ounces of grapefruit juice into the glass. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, and enjoy!